Spring is right around the corner, but winter isn’t over quite yet. At IBP Tulsa, we want to make sure you’re saving as much energy as possible, no matter the season. Keep reading to learn how to maximize your energy savings this year!
Tips for Saving Energy
Our best tips for being energy efficient this year include:
- Installing insulation. Insulation is one of the best ways to save energy and stay comfortable during the winter (and really, all year long).
- Buying ENERGY STAR® appliances. Almost anything you can think of can be an ENERGY STAR® product—windows and doors, washers and dryers, dishwashers, air conditioners, and much more! Just look for the blue label on the product you want to know you’re using the most efficient appliances you can buy.
- Saving hot water. There are a few really easy ways to save hot water. Try showering instead of taking a bath and only running the dishwasher or doing laundry when you have full loads.
- Sealing air duct leaks. Your ducts are one of the most important systems in your home. If the ducts are poorly sealed or insulated, they cause your energy bills to rise.
- Installing a programmable thermostat. All you have to do is set it up and adjust the settings. Programmable thermostats automatically adjust the temperature to your presets, meaning they can be set to more energy-efficient levels when you know you’re not going to be home.
Insulation Installation in Tulsa, Oklahoma
If you want to install more insulation in your home, contact IBP Tulsa today. We have experience installing insulation in homes throughout Tulsa, Oklahoma and surrounding areas.
Contact us today to learn more about our services!