Do you need to insulate your Tulsa home? Whether it’s a hot summer and or a brisk day in January, you want to make sure your home is comfortable no matter the Oklahoma weather! You’ll want to find a reliable insulation company that services Tulsa, but with so many to choose from, how do you narrow down your choices?
It’s time to do some online research. Be sure to check out professional insulation industry websites like Insulation Contractors Association of America (ICAA), Cellulose Insulation Manufacturers Association (CIMA), etc. You can even ask your utility companies for their picks of the top insulation companies in Tulsa!
Once you’ve reduced your choices to a couple of companies, it’s time to reach out. By asking each of the companies questions about their services, pricing, and company values, you’ll be able to see if the company is in line with your goals! Ideally, you should get three bids on the insulation work for your home.
Make sure to ask for bids to be submitted (in writing) with the following:
- The coverage area to be insulated
- The installed R-value (not the thickness but the final R-value when everything is completed)
- The total cost (is it an hourly rate, fixed price or based on coverage area?)
- The schedule
- Expressed warranties for the work
- Potential issues the contractor might face during the installation process
What You Should Ask Tulsa Insulation Companies
As you prepare to speak with insulation contractors, consider asking some of the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have the license (if applicable) to operate in the state?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you have insurance to cover any accidents while working on the project?
- How do you handle customer complaints?
- What types of insulation do you install?
- Do you have references I can contact?
- And more!
It’s important to get answers—and a good insulation company will be happy to answer any questions you have! If the insulation company gives you references, you should contact them with questions including:
- Why did you select this contractor?
- Was the contractor punctual and timely?
- Did they give you a written estimate before starting work?
- Was the project completed on budget?
- Did they maintain a clean work space and clean up well afterwards?
Schedule a Free Estimate with Installed Building Products Tulsa
Schedule a FREE insulation consultation today with the professionals at Installed Building Products Tulsa to see which type of home insulation will be the most effective for you and your family!
We provide insulation services for both homes and businesses in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area. To learn more about the different types of insulation we offer or to start your insulation project right away, contact our home insulation contractors today!