Tulsa rain gutters get clogged with leaves, pine needles, and other debris all the time. Clogged gutters can’t properly direct the water away from your home to help protect the home from leaks, water damage and foundation damage. Taking steps to prevent gutter clogs is an important home maintenance task every Tulsa homeowner should have on their to-do list.
Clogged gutters can cause pesky problems, including:
- Gutter Damage
- Roof Damage
- Insulation Damage
- Basement Flooding
- Foundation Staining
- Landscaping Damage
- And Many Others!
Below are a few tips to reduce buildup in your gutters so they work more efficiently and help keep your home safe throughout the year.
How Do I Keep My Gutters Clean?
- Install Gutter Guards – Gutter guards help protect your gutters from collecting leaves so they can drain properly during rain or snow storms. Gutter guards are designed to prevent clogging without blocking water flow. Installed Building Products Tulsa can install gutter guards to help protect your home. Contact us today to learn more about our gutter services or to schedule an appointment.
- Flushing – A couple times a year, it’s a good idea to flush your gutters with a water hose to get rid of any unwanted leaves and limbs and to ensure a clear path for water flow. First, remember to remove any large branches and other debris.
- Regular Cleaning – Cleaning the leaves and debris from your gutters a couple times a year helps reduce buildup in your gutters. If you’ve noticed a lot of foliage clogging up your gutters and preventing them from draining properly, call IBP Tulsa for gutter repair and maintenance—918-518-0750918-518-0750!
- Check for Cracks and Seams – While performing your regular gutter cleanings, be sure to check for cracks and seams where water may leak from the bottom of the gutter before reaching the downspout. Patch these openings with a waterproof sealant to be sure water can properly drain.
Get an Estimate on Gutter Guard Installation in Tulsa
We install two gutter guard systems in Tulsa:
- E-Z Lock – E-Z Gutter’s E-Z Lock gutter screen system can be easily snapped into the front of the gutter.
- LeafProof® – ERAN Industries’ LeafProof® fits your existing gutters and easily blends with your roofline.