When your gutters get clogged with leaves and other backyard debris, they can’t properly direct the water away from your home to help protect it from leaks and water damage. You want to be sure you are taking preventative steps to help reduce blockage in your gutters.
Clogged gutters can cause pesky problems, including:
- Gutter Damage
- Roof Damage
- Insulation Damage
- Basement Flooding
- Foundation Staining
- Landscaping Damage
- And Many Others!
But how do you help prevent your gutters from clogging so you can avoid these issues? Below are a few tips to reduce buildup in your gutters so they work more efficiently and help keep your home safe throughout the year.
How Do I Keep My Gutters Clean?
- Gutter Guards – Gutter guards help protect your gutters from collecting leaves so they can drain properly during rain or snow storms. Gutter guards are designed to prevent clogging without blocking water flow. Installed Building Products Tulsa can install gutter guards to help protect your home. Contact us today to learn more about our gutter services or to schedule an appointment.
- Flushing – A couple times a year, it’s a good idea to flush your gutters with a water hose to get rid of any unwanted leaves and limbs and to ensure a clear path for water flow. First, remember to remove any large branches and other debris.
- Regular Cleaning – Cleaning the leaves and debris from your gutters a couple times a year helps reduce buildup in your gutters. If you’ve noticed a lot of foliage clogging up your gutters and preventing them from draining properly, call IBP Tulsa for gutter repair and maintenance—918-518-0750918-518-0750!
- Check for Cracks and Seams – While performing your regular gutter cleanings, be sure to check for cracks and seams where water may leak from the bottom of the gutter before reaching the downspout. Patch these openings with a waterproof sealant to be sure water can properly drain.
For additional information regarding gutter maintenance, contact the gutter experts at IBP Tulsa. We can help you figure out the best solution for your clogged gutters and get them back in working order again.
Gutter Guard Installation in Tulsa, Oklahoma
At IBP Tulsa, we offer reliable gutter guard installation in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area to ensure your gutter systems stay as effective as possible. Clogged gutters can cause a number of issues that could potentially damage your home. It’s important to keep them free of leaves, limbs and other debris so that water can drain properly during rain and snow storms. We offer two brands of gutter guards:
- E-Z Lock – E-Z Gutter’s E-Z Lock gutter screen system can be easily snapped into the front of the gutter.
- LeafProof® – ERAN Industries’ LeafProof® fits your existing gutters and easily blends with your roofline.
Whether you want to learn more about our products and services or you’re ready for a new gutter guard system, we can help.